2021 Peer Mentors
|Josie Andersonemail@example.com||Junior||She/her/hers||Japanese & International Studies major (BA, L&S)|
|Olivia Adelmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Senior||She/her/hers||Asian Languages & Cultures – East Asian Studies major, Chinese & International Studies major (BA, L&S)|
|Angela Glowackiemail@example.com||Junior||She/her/hers||Chinese major and Community & Nonprofit Leadership (BS, SOHE)|
|Amanda Goldsteinfirstname.lastname@example.org||Senior||She/her/hers||Education Studies major (BS, SoEd), Global Health certificate, Chinese Professional Communications certificate, L&S honors program|
|Erika Kay-Tsumagariemail@example.com||Sophomore||She/her/hers||Biochemistry/Pre PharmTox and Japanese major (BS, L&S)|
|Emma Kempffirstname.lastname@example.org||Junior||She/her/hers||Chinese major, International Studies major, Environmental Studies certificate (BA, L&S)|
|Thekla Ketcheremail@example.com||Junior||She/her/hers||Chinese major, Psychology major, Honors in the Liberal Arts, Digital Studies certificate (BA, L&S)|
|Kelly Luufirstname.lastname@example.org||Senior||She/her/hers||Asian Languages and Cultures, Nutritional Sciences, Certificates in Chinese Professional Communications and Global health, (BS, CALS)|
|Sara Montezemail@example.com||Senior||She/her/hers||Asian Languages & Cultures – East Asian Studies major, Political Science major (BA, L&S)|
|Ethan Ruppfirstname.lastname@example.org||Senior||He/him/his||Finance and Chinese Professional Communication certificate (BBA, BUS)|
|Reena Samuelemail@example.com||Junior||She/her/hers||Economics major & Chinese Professional Communications certificate (BA, L&S)|
|Ellie Scheireyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Junior||She/her/hers||Economics major, and Certificate in Chinese Professional Communication, and Sports Communication Certificate (BA, L&S)|
|Shrey Shahemail@example.com||Junior||He/him/his||Computer Science major, and Japanese Professional Communication certificate (BS, L&S)|
|Ariana Zinsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Sophomore||She/her/hers||Chinese major & International Studies major: Global Security Emphasis (BA, L&S)|
Peer Mentor Committees
Website Committee: Amanda Goldstein, Thekla Ketcher, Kelly Luu, Shrey Shah
Social Media Committee: Josie Anderson, Angela Glowacki, Amanda Goldstein, Erika Kay-Tsumagari, Emma Kempf, Ethan Rupp, Ellie Scheirey, Ariana Zins
Peer Mentor Application
The Undergraduate program in the Department of Asian Languages & Cultures is looking for current Asian Languages & Cultures, Chinese, and Japanese majors and certificate students to volunteer to serve as Peer Mentors and serve on the ALC Undergraduate Council. Peer Mentors should already be declared and have taken multiple courses towards their major.
Application deadline April 19, 2021
- Freshman and Sophomores are welcome to join the council, preference for Juniors and Seniors to serve in the capacity of Peer Mentors.
- Interest in building community in the department, across regional and linguistic interests.
- Declared in an ALC program (ALC, Chinese, or Japanese certificate or major)
- Able to serve as a Peer Mentor for one academic year (i.e. graduating no earlier than May 2022)
Peer Mentors must be willing to:
- Attend UG council meetings twice a month.
- Meet (or communicate by email) with prospective high school and/or transfer students.
- Answer emails from current/prospective students in a professional and timely manner.
Benefits to being a Peer Mentor are:
- Enhancing your resume and reference list.
- Networking and collaborating with fellow members of the ALC department.
- Developing and/or improving your communication and leadership skills.
If you are interested, please apply by Application deadline April 19, 2021.
Questions? Please contact Rachel Weiss at email@example.com