The Department of Asian Languages and Cultures (ALC) is pleased to co-sponsor and to publicize activities at UW–Madison that are related to the field of Asian Studies and which would be of interest to students in Asian Studies.
Co-sponsorship can involve one or both of the following:
(1) A letter of support, which you may use when applying for funding from other sources
(2) A modest financial award to help you produce your event
Both types of co-sponsorships require the approval of the ALC events committee.
To apply for co-sponsorship:
- Fill out the application for co-sponsorship and submit it no later than two months prior to your event.
- Your application will be reviewed for availability of funds and whether your event aligns with the mission of ALC.
- Because funds for co-sponsorship are limited, ALC reserves the right to offer a financial contribution that is less that the amount originally requested. You are free to accept or decline this offer.
- As the department has limited funds for co-sponsorship of events, please consider alternative sources of funding.
If your application for co-sponsorship has been accepted, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The Department of Asian Languages & Cultures must be acknowledged as a co-sponsor on all promotional materials, posters, and advertisements for your event.
- All details of event planning (room reservations, speaker travel arrangements, etc.) are the responsibility of the requesting organization.
- The requesting organization assumes the primary responsibility for all event publicity. If time and space allow, ALC will advertise the event on our website and listserv.
- A detailed invoice must be sent to the Department of Asian Languages & Cultures.
Questions? Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
To have an event added to our events calendar, please e-mail Rachel Weiss no less than two weeks before your event. In your e-mail, please include the following information:
- Name of event
- Date and time
- Venue name and address
- Website link
- Brief description (100-150 words)
- Contact name and phone/e-mail address