The Department of Asian Languages and Cultures (ALC) is pleased to publicize and co-sponsor activities at UW–Madison that are related to the field of Asian Studies and which would be of interest to students in Asian Studies.
To have an event added to our events calendar, please e-mail email@example.com no less than two weeks before your event. In your e-mail, please include the following information:
- Name of event
- Date and time
- Venue name and address
- Website link
- Brief description (100-150 words)
- Contact name and phone/e-mail address
Co-sponsorship can involve one or both of the following:
(1) A letter of support, which you may use when applying for funding from other sources
(2) A modest financial award to help you produce your event
Both types of co-sponsorships require the approval of the ALC events committee.
To apply for co-sponsorship:
- Fill out the application for co-sponsorship and submit it no later than two months prior to your event.
- Your application will be reviewed by the events committee, which will consider available funds and whether your event aligns with the mission of ALC.
- Because funds for co-sponsorship are limited, ALC reserves the right to offer a financial contribution that is less that the amount originally requested. You are free to accept or decline this offer.
- As the department as limited funds for co-sponsorship of events, please consider alternative sources of funding.
If your application for co-sponsorship has been accepted, you must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The Department of Asian Languages & Cultures must be acknowledged as a co-sponsor on all promotional materials, posters, and advertisements for your event.
- All details of event planning (room reservations, speaker travel arrangements, etc.) are the responsibility of the requesting organization.
- The requesting organization assumes the primary responsibility for all event publicity. If time and space allow, ALC will advertise the event on our website and listserv.
- A detailed invoice must be sent to the Department of Asian Languages & Cultures.
Questions? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.