- Chinese learners in the Chinese program received four gold and three silver medals at the US Midwest Chinese Bridge Speech Contest held at DePaul University in Chicago on April 23rd, 2016.
- Starting from 2016, the Chinese Language Program offers EA 121 (Elementary Chinese I) in the summer (June-July). Students who finish EA 121 successfully can enroll in EA 122 (Elementary Chinese II) in fall.
- Starting from Fall 2015, the International Learning Community (ILC) in Adams Hall will gain its 9th language immersion program,“Zhōngwén Tiāndì” (meaning “Chinese heaven-and-earth” ) - Chinese House! (Read more)
- Hanban (National Office of Promoting Chinese) of China has decided to continue its support to Chinese Language Program of UW-Madison with a full-time lecturer.
- Our students won a haul of medals at the Midwest Universities Chinese Speech Contest. (Read more)
- The 1st issue of International Journal of Chinese Linguistics (IJCL), published by John Benjamins Publishing Company, came out last month. IJCL’s editorial office is housed on UW-Madison campus, and Professor Hongming Zhang of EALL is its Executive Editor. For the content table of the 1st issue, check https://benjamins.com/catalog/ijchl.1.1/toc